Professional teeth cleaning offers many advantages that even those with excellent oral hygiene can benefit from. Dental cleanings improve oral health, prevent the development of oral diseases, and help Dr. Davidowitz identify any potential problems before symptoms begin. At Luxury Dentistry NYC, we strive to offer our patients the best possible dental cleaning in NYC, so book an appointment today!
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?
Regular teeth cleaning and checkup appointments should be part of everyone’s routine. The American Dental Association strongly recommends going for a professional dental cleaning every six months, at minimum.
Dental cleaning with our hygienist in NYC typically involves the following:
- Any pertinent medical information that may impact the patient’s oral health is reviewed, including medications, pregnancy, diabetes or heart problems.
- A digital X-ray series of the patient’s mouth. This is to help us identify any potential cavities, loose or degrading fillings, and any other problems that may not be immediately visible.
- If the patient mentions any concerns with chewing, biting, or grinding in their sleep, Dr. Davidowitz can offer his expertise and discuss potential solutions such as a mouth guard, orthodontics, or a neuromuscular blocker treatment to treat TMJ.
- Our NYC expert hygienist may apply special numbing gels to the gums for a more comfortable dental cleaning.
- Your dental hygiene specialist will thoroughly clean the surface of each tooth. Plaque and tartar can build-up on the surface of teeth, and may not be fully removed with regular brushing or flossing.
- Using an innovative and painless piezo scaler, we can safely remove plaque and tartar build-up. This step is important, as there are many areas between teeth that may not be fully cleansed with regular oral hygiene maintenance.
- Finally, the teeth will be polished, which may also help remove surface stains on the teeth.
- Dr. Davidowitz will then conduct a thorough examination of the patient’s teeth.
At Luxury Dentistry NYC, we believe in providing the best possible NYC dental cleaning experience for each of our patients. We have a state-of-the-art clinic and pride ourselves in providing a soothing, spa-like atmosphere, which includes pleasant aromas, massage chair in our treatment rooms, paraffin wax hand treatments, a flatscreen TV with Netflix and Pandora, as well as other elements to help our patients relax. Our office is one of the top-rated providers on the Upper East Side of NYC, so contact us and book an appointment today.