COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed, as was mandated by local and state regulations.
We are happy to say that we are planning to reopen our office for preventative and restorative dental treatments beginning Tuesday, June 2nd. We are excited to get back to providing the care our beloved patients and community expect and deserve. If we are notified of any mandate changes we will be sure to send further updates.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are ONLY opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here, so you can be assured that we’ll be taking care of you just as well as we’ll be taking care of them.
For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
Prior To Your Arrival at the Office
- Patients will be screened BEFORE entering the office with a secure online pre screening form. These forms need to be completed prior to coming in to the office. Please be sure to look for a text and/or email with the pre screening link.
- We will be sending health history, patient intake and office forms securely through text and email. This will help limit the time in the reception common area and to help avoid the need to touch surfaces like iPad's, pen and paper. Please be sure to check your texts and emails and complete all necessary forms prior to coming in for your visit.
- Temperatures will be checked at the time of your visit. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Patients are asked to wait outside the office until their scheduled appointment time. We will be limiting both our quantity of staff and patients in the office at one time. This will change available appointment times and we ask for patience during this time.
- Please be sure to be wearing a mask or face covering prior to entering the building.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk. The front area may look different as we have removed all magazines, newspapers and literature from the reception area.
- The front door and the door between the waiting area and operatories will be propped open all day.
- Please use the hand sanitizers throughout the office.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- All rooms, as always, will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- All operatories now have high-volume medical grade air filtration and purification units. The units are capable of removing particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, PPE will be worn by all providers and assistants.
- The usage of the ancillary advanced dentistry instruments may be used during treatment to help limit the number of aerosols produced during routine dental treatment. including but not limited to: SOLEA dental laser, Isolite suction and other evacuation ancillary devices.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- A clear panel will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets from either side.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- Please be sure to alert the office PRIOR to your appointment regarding any dental insurance changes or questions.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We are here for you, as always.
Steven Davidowitz, DDS
Luxury Dentistry NYC